The Prime Minister emphasises global support for refugees escaping Syria and Afghanistan. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif called on Monday for a renewed policy focus and the allocation of resources to alleviate the suffering of refugees around the world.
“From Syria to Palestine to Afghanistan, their plight demands renewed policy attention and resources,” he tweeted on World Refugee Day. The prime minister referred to refugees as “the worst victims of wars and conflicts,” in addition to being victims of poverty and economic inequality.
He urged global assistance to developing countries that are assisting refugees. “The international community should assist developing countries that continue to host a large number of refugees,” he said. In a statement issued on World Refugee Day, the Foreign Office said Pakistan joined the international community in commemorating the day and expressed solidarity with refugees worldwide.
“On this Day, we should reflect on the causes of forced displacement and reaffirm our commitment to finding long-term solutions for refugee situations, including through conflict prevention and resolution,” it said.
“For more than four decades, Pakistan has been responsible for one of the world’s largest and most protracted refugee situations.” “Pakistan continues to house over three million Afghans,” the statement said.
- Watch Kurulus Osman Season 4 Episode 8 Urdu English Subtitles
- Watch Alparslan Buyuk Selcuklu Season 2 Episode 10 In Urdu Subtitles
- Mary Peltola The Democratic Congresswoman who Defeated Sarah Palin in Alaska
- Watch Alparslan Buyuk Selcuklu Season 2 Episode 9 In Urdu Subtitles
- Kelly Rowland Defends Chris Brown and Audience at the AMAs Ceremony to Relax a Bit Out